Landmarks of KaZantip
This story began back in 1995, when the idea was
announced for the first time, and the first large scaled
event was organized in 1998 with the motto "The main summer
project". At first KaZantip was located in Schelkino, a town
on the Azov Sea coast near the KaZantip Cape, which gave the
name to the Festival. Then thousands of young people got together
in the reactor of the unfinished Nuclear Power Plant. Those three
first "Nuclear Projects" in 1995, 96, 97 made KaZantip a super-cult.
Evolution of KaZantip:
- 1984 - two people
- 1993 - 1999 Schelkino town, 400 people, next year - 1,000 people, then 8,000 people, music everywhere. KaZantip grown into one of the top summer open-airs.
- 2000 - Vesyoloe settlement, on the Black Sea coast, participants in gasmasks, grandiose scene in the form of spaceship.
- 2001 - 2003 Popovka town, in the Western Crimea, iron curtain.
- 2003 - KaZantip is proclaimed a Republic with its own President and citizens!
- 2004 - Parliament... voting... Republic is flourishing!
- 2005 - The motto of KaZantip 2005 was "Next KaZantip will be held on Mars"
- 2006 - KaZantip 2006 was held since 15th July to 26th August 2006.
- 2007 - The dates of KaZantip 2007 were since 21st July to 26th August 2007. It was also called "Z:15" since actually it was the 15th year of the festival. In 2007 the festival widened its limits and an inner-fest called "Mars" was launched. The Mars idea had been discussed earlier, in 2005 but it was put into life two years later, during KaZantip 2007.
- 2008 - KaZantip 2008 was held since 26th July to 30th August 2008. The motto and concept of Z:16 was "New Life Form". The idea underlying Mars was furthered in 2008.
- 2009 - The pre-opening of KaZantip 2009 (Z:17) on 25th July was followed by the official opening party happened in a week, on 1st August. In 2009 the festival lasted to 21st August.
- 2010 - The last KaZantip 2010 (Z:18) kicked off on 31st July (pre-opening) and the official opening party took place on 6th August. Technically, the festival was over on 21st August with the exception of the Mars parties extended for one more week.
- 2011 - 30 July: Pre-opening - 31 July: New Years Eve Party
- 06 August: Official Opening - 20 August 2011:
Official Closing - 27 August: Final Closing